Today I have another nail applique review from a new-to me company. These nail stripes come from OMG Nail Strips. They have a fun selection of appliques for a nice price.
OMG nail strips challenges everything you thought you knew about nail polish strips. They differ from real nail polish or cheap nail stickers because of their form fitting qualities and unique resistance to chipping, tearing and wrinkling. They also dry instantly upon application.
These nail wraps are incredibly versatile in that they can easily be used on all nail lengths and shapes. Our inventory changes seasonally, allowing our customers to get the best variety when it comes to occasion and holiday nail designs. Last but certainly not least, OMG nail strips offers free shipping on all orders, so the price you see is the price you pay.
I was sent two sets, however I am only sharing one today. I have a fun idea for the other set that I want to do next week. Here is the first set.
These apply just like other nail stripes. However, they include some extra instructions.
- Soak your hands in warm water for 5 minutes. Dry hands, then gently push back cuticles. Carefully remove any excess skin around the nail bed.
- Moisturize your hands with lotion, and wait 1 minute.
- Using a Q-tip, remove any leftover lotion from the nail bed, paying special attention to the sidewalls, cuticle area and tip of the fingernail.
- Select the appropriate sized nail strip for each nail to ensure the nail will be covered from sidewall to sidewall. Using a nail strip that is too large for a particular nail is not recommended; rather, trim the strip the scissors to the appropriate width.
- Peel off the clear coating, and then carefully remove the nail polish strip from the sticker backing,
- Start by placing whichever end on the nail strip that works better for your nails at the cuticle and apply it by smoother the strip towards the tip and your nail, smoothing out and bumps and ensuring the strip is tucked neatly into the sidewalls.
- File away any excess nail strip by holding your nail file parallel to the surface you are working on, as filing the nail perpendicularly will cause tearing along the tip.
- After you have applied all ten polish strips, take a cotton ball that has been dipped in polish removed with the excess remover wrung out, and swipe each nail 1-3 times, paying special attention to the sidewalls, tips and cuticle area. This step is especially important, as it melts the strip to your nails, allowing for longer lasting wear.
- Apply a finishing topcoat, and wait 5 minutes for it to dry completely.
I found that these were wider than other stripes that I have used and had some access on the sides. I don't like trimming them because I usually end up ruining them. I carefully filed the extra from the sides.
After I applied a top coat I noticed that the strip started to separate on my index and middle finger. I am not sure what caused this to happen.
These stripes are nice and thin, which I like. I will admit that I wasn't a fan of this design and of course I was disappointed with the separating. I do have the other set to use, so fingers crossed I don't have the same problems. I do love the selection offered on there website. They have so many fun designs and the price is reasonable, $6.89, with free shipping! They are currently offering a 4 for $20 promotion with coupon code “4pack” and a 10 fir $45 with coupon code “10pack”.
nstagram @omgnailstrips #omgnailstrips